W A N T E D ... 'D'

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

W A N T E D ... 'D'

Postby extremepie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Hiya some of you will know that i'm in the market for a 'D'.. Got some cash ready now! so looking to see whats about!
To be honest there doesn't seem to be that much around! :(
So if anyone can enlighten me as to where one might be, i would be eternally grateful :D
Oh yeah limit of £20k
8-)
Don't suppose anyone knows much about this car???

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/62318

Thanks Peeps
extremepie

Re: W A N T E D ... 'D'

Postby arranj » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 pm

You're quite right - there doesn't actually to seem to be much about for some reason right now!

Other than the £30k+ RHD one, the only 4 I know about are:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=708 - Vin 3078 at £20k

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=136 - Vin 11761 at £18k. This is the one you've mentioned - an ex-middle eastern car, and has been for sale for at least 1 year, in Antrim, Northern Ireland. No-one seems to know much about it, but there is a topic on the Ireland forum: http://www.delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1197 - there may be someone in Ireland who can help you, or ask Matt, who lives in Antrim and might know someone who knowns someone! ;)

John Geuley has a car for sale apparently - but again not totally sure on the details, other than the price is £15,500 and it's in England

And John Dore in Ireland is selling his black car, which "needs work", including a frame-off. No price as yet, he's "open to offers"

Other than that Chris Nicholson offers a purchase/import and restoration service for a price. If you have trouble contacting him here then mention it here - there are a few of us who have ways of contacting him!

And I'm fairly sure Martin would offer a purchase/importing/restoration service for a price too! Of all the links mentioned so far Martin is the one who will reply the quickest! ;)

Also Ed Uding will have one for sale (in The Netherlands).

Other than that you'd need to look at ebay USA and importing, which isn't all that difficult. There are a few people here who have done it and say it's fairly easy - I can point you in the right direction. Remember you'll need to pay to get the car to a port, pay shipping (£1300+VAT), then pay VAT on the price of the car too.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby mnickels » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:13 am

As Arran said give me a shout if you want more info on the cars in Ireland, north or south. Al Vanstone I think knows a bit more on the car in Antrim as well.
Previous restoration progress on http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=1069

Ireland Rep
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
mnickels

VIN #: 2456
Spaxed

Postby DeLorean Cars » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:38 am

It's definitely a seller's market over here unless you're trying to sell a car that needs work for too much money. John Geuley's is a good car afaik but was on sale for 5 mins and disappeared which may well mean it has been sold.

In my experience, cars sell before I've finished them which means I haven't needed to advertise any for some time. I think Chris N has the same experience. I have 2 in progress but it will be several months before either is ready and I already have someone waiting on the first one - the second will need a full chassis restoration and will end up at top money.
DeLorean Cars

VIN #: 4772, 3352

Postby arranj » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 am

I don't know much about John Geuley, other than he registered on here only 4 weeks ago, which I would say would have been unlikely if he had sold his car.
Gotta be worth an email I reckon, if only to clear it up. Let us know if you hear anything back.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:13 pm

I agree there really isnt many DeLoreans for sale in the UK and in my view it has been like that for some time.

I've dropped you a message with details of one i know of.

If you need any help or advice and what to look for when buying a D your in the right place :)

Mike
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby tourettes tony » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 pm

so are we right in saying there is a shortage of de's :shock: TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby extremepie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks You guys.
Now i've got a few leads to investigate, hopefully will secure a 'D' purchase in the near future :D :D
extremepie

Postby DeLorean Cars » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Yes, there's a shortage of D's in this country. I can't import and bring them back to life fast enough to fulfil the current demand.
DeLorean Cars

VIN #: 4772, 3352

Postby extremepie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 am

DeLorean Cars wrote:Yes, there's a shortage of D's in this country. I can't import and bring them back to life fast enough to fulfil the current demand.

At least you are trying ! :D
extremepie

Next

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted