SOLD Parts Car on Ebay

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

SOLD Parts Car on Ebay

Postby arranj » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Not pretty!: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0549178865

VIN 10458 - for some reason shown on the vin list as a Netherlands car, but I don't think so.

Russ is registered on here: http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/ ... file&u=388 and has bought a few parts from us - presumably for the "mate's car"

Hello Ebayers

Here I have for sale a rare opportunity to buy a Delorean DMC 12

As you can see from the pictures she is not pretty but as any good estate agent will say she "has potential!"

The story behind the car is, I bought the car as a "parts car" which seemed easier than buying lots of other bits I needed to rebuild my mates DMC. As the pictures show the front panels are missing, so no bonnet, wings lights, now't!. Everything from the front has been used.

However you will also see the back of the car has suffered fire damage from a past life. The fire had spread across the back and just into the cabin, the roof lining is toast as are the headrests and the tops of the seats. The dash pod is still in good nick and hasn't suffered except for the clear perspex is now "smoked" so I cannot view the speedo. I would guess this is a pretty low mileage car as the chassis is in VERY GOOD condition, very good indeed, I would be surprised if this car has ever seen a wet road.

Those in know will note the car is sporting a set of grey powder coated rims - rumour has it they were a mistake from the factory, and due to their rarity this add value???? (they could be original wheels that have since been powder coated to look like the rarer versions - I don't know)

For those who are a little unsure about undertaking such a project, rest assured parts are available and often more easily sourced than you might think, this is just one story I have been told by a fellow DMC owner - If you want a Delorean gearbox = £5k, but remember the gearbox is from a Renault so £500 is much more realistic. Also the engine is used in Renault's and Peugeot's. Most of the switches are from a Renault 19. The seats are Citroen seats with Deloreans covers. etc, etc.

This would make a fantastic Back To The Future replica, you can buy the entire kit from a guy in America for $16000 - I believe he sold his car about a year ago in Vegas on Ebay for $89,000!!!!

Alternativly if you have the time and space, you could easily restore this car lovingly over a period of time.

OK boring bit now T's & C's

This car is being sold for spares or repair therefore no guarantee on a single component.
As you can see it is a mess, I have never had it running or even tried as all I was interested in was the front panels.
It will need to be trailered away, this car will not tow - I have no idea if the brakes work!
I have access to a flatbed truck with a winch and can deliver for a small extra charge - Please ask me for a cost before bidding, if you require this service.
I will except cleared funds only, so cash or a cleared bank transfer.
Please view the car before bidding as I want you to know/understand what you are buying, we all know the rules of ebay, the final bid is a winning bid and no negioation.
Please do not ask me to end the auction early or what my BUY IT NOW price is. If you are interested then bid as much as you are willing, the highest bidder will win.
Please excuse my bluntness or being patronising but I'm sure any proper genuine bidders wont have a problem with this.
I can accept credit/debit card payment with the usual 2.5% charge of the balance.

I have had offers for this car between £4500 and £7500 - but not seen the colour of anyones cash. I genuinely have no idea of this cars true value so to be fair to everyone I am starting the bid at 99p (to swerve some of ebays hefty fees) with NO RESERVE.

The car is currently located at a workshop just outside of Greenhithe in Kent 10 mins from the Dartford Tunnel. If you wish to view the car please contact me, because the the car is in a workshop you will need to assume normal workshop hours 9-5 Mon - Fri and 9-12 Saturday. There is some flexibility on these times, please ask first. The guys in the workshop wont mind me saying this, they are not DMC experts nor am I, but will do my best to answer your questions as best as I can.

Regards
Russ
07949 778 747
russellgrover10@googlemail.com

One last thing - I will be donating 2.5% of the sale price to the Red Cross Charity.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Re: Parts Car FOR SALE on Ebay

Postby arranj » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 pm

I reckon maybe the same car?:

Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 pm

OK - found it on DMC Talk: http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=15411

Apparently it was one of three knackered cars that came over here last year - presumably all three went to that Renault garage in the pics, one is probably the "mate's car", and one is unaccounted for. The other two VINs were 4872 and 2801

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby bandit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Does it come with that cup of tea on the front bumper? If so I may be interested, if not forget it!
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Presumably the mates car is the crash damaged one, 4872, that now has the front end from 10458

04872-1.jpg
04872-1.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 4981 times
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 pm

I think I can safely say that mine looks better :evil:
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Dan 6511 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:09 pm

I like the Reliant Robin next to it :)
Sell it Or Sorn it

Road trips:
2008: Mervyn's Delorean Weekend, Ireland
2008: DMC Europe Open House
2009: DMC Europe Open House
2009: Royal Delorean Weekend, Ireland
2010: Silvercoast, France
2010: Shanefest, Ireland
2010: Luxemburg & Nurburgring
2011: Eurofest, Belfast
2019: International DeLorean Meeting, Hamburg
Dan 6511

Postby delorean12uk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:14 pm

lets chip in and buy it for the club
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Maybe those window switches are still good.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 am

delorean12uk wrote:lets chip in and buy it for the club

Other than the remarkably undamaged tail light and the vin plate, WTF is good about it?! :?

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Next

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted