SOLD! - RHD DMC-12 *VIN 522* interesting read with photos

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

FOR SALE - RHD DMC-12 *VIN 522* interesting read with photos

Postby A Van » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for the update Thomas, dependent on what parts have been found it could make a massive difference to the sale price
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Re: FOR SALE - RHD DMC-12 *VIN 522* interesting read with photos

Postby Deloreanforsale » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Another update, bidding has now started.

It really is worth a look at the updated photos, we have done our best at putting the missing parts in place

If somebody could upload the new photos as a gallery, I would be really grateful

Any queries please don't hesitate to ask

Thomas Cole
Eddisons
Deloreanforsale

Postby arranj » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 am

Bidding is via this page: http://www.eddisons.com/pages/home_page ... AwQkJGMUFD

Currently at £4211 with 10 days to go

Attachments
DELOREAN_CATALOGUE.pdf
(323.5 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Advert.pdf
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 240 times
Photo_Gallery_4.pdf
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 486 times
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Plus :-

VAT: 20%
Buyers Premium: 10%
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby A Van » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:06 am

Yes I see from the info that Des has fallen upon hard times, I have never met him but as a fellow DeLorean owner I hope everything goes ok for him.
Alistair V

Ex 11622, 6064

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

Spaxed

Postby steve.s » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi All

just logged on (last time a while ago), and spotted this, and can't believe it!.

a long story!

i saw this car as others did on the photo in classics mag. Having contacted the mag they would not release the details of the photographer, but offered to pass on my details.

this was during my quest for RHD cars!, anyway the photographer got back in touch and told me which caravan site it was on.
one early morning in february (which suddenly was mild, on the sea shore in a T shirt!) drove down the 120 miles to find it.
nowhere to be seen, walked up and down that site, all closed up.

thought a wasted journey, so went back into Barmouth, and was just about to drive home...needed fuel.
put a few gallon in in a little garage just on the edge of the town, by the sea.

though i would ask...'i know its a very daft question but have you seen a Delorean round here??'

to my amazement he said yes...over there, and sure enough opposite the garage was a bit of rough ground with a shape under a tarpaulin....bricks holding the tarp down.

i peeked underneath.....saw that magic glint of stainless, cover in laquer, peeling at edges.
no fascia/no rear bumper/no interior.

....to be continued....

Steve
ex vin 1621
steve.s

VIN #: 1621

Postby bozzzydmc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Thats a great story Steve!
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby steve.s » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:37 pm

thankyou....bttf part 2....

under the tarp, the stainless shone, someone had lived the dream....then left it.

Thought i might be caught trespassing or by someone thinking i was souvenier hunting

odd go faster stripes down the side (like red pinstripe?), laquer was like the transtext stuff, worn at edges, like bottom of door.

rear exhaust very odd, like fluted....like the old muskets, but badly corroded, think was was almost dropping off.
jacking points were badly rusted.

Grass growing underneath, and probably 500 yards from the sea...who could leave the car like this and what was it worth??, surely such an unloved car would be for sale?.

anyway, no interior present, and the lack of fascias each end looked very rough and 'naked'. Had a roof aerial, and from research new the plate was a sij so i thought must be genuine RHD.

so next mission....find the owner.

garage opposite, i asked 'don't suppose you know the owner?.'

yes, name is Des, owns the hotel up the road...and pointed.

ironic really i have been traveling to this part of wales for 25 years and i might at last get the chance to have a Wooler Hodec car.

So trundled my car upto a car park near the hotel, round the corner. XK jag parked in front. went in...'is Des around?', no he owns the pub down the road you'll find him there'

another track down the road, his name over the pub door, couple of chaps playing pool!.

'is Des here?' yes but heavy night last night he's in bed!

so decided to wait, not wanting to miss a RHD opportunity.

waiting....waiting and more waiting...and then....

to be continued....in BTTF part 3 (the RHD chronicles-the Quest is the Quest)
steve.s

Postby A Van » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Keep it coming Steve!!
Alistair V

Ex 11622, 6064

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

Spaxed

Postby steve.s » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 pm

BTTF part 3 the rhd chronicles! continues....

after waiting 2-3 hours, wife on mobile 'when you coming home?', finally the door to upstairs opened and out came a middle aged chap, obviously well known to everyone local.

Girls at bar point him in my direction, and he said pop into a back room for a chat.

he could not believe i had traveled down on spec, after seeing a tiny photo in a mag!.

and (he looked worried) i new his plate number, and various other facts about his car!.

the story goes.....after looking at lotus esprits etc, back in 86, a car dealer mate of his told him of something more unusual....a LHD Delorean, he was not quite decided and i have since found out that Dave H sat in and looked at this car back then when it was LHD.

finally a Deal was done...i think he said about £18k, and he took the car.

He then paid £10k (his figures) to have it converted to RHD, and by the looks of it Gerry Castle or ex Wooler employees maybe.

i asked if it was for sale.....and he said not really but everything has a price.

he did say he had one or two calls the night before for it (was it you??)

i offered £10k, he turned it down.

i offered to swap my LHD (worth about £14k at the time and he turned that down.)

i think i went to about £13k cash, turned it down. He then said he owned the pub, a hotel and did not need the £££, and he wanted to eventually give it to his son.

and the condition of it, he asked me if i had trouble with the frame on mine...i had not.

I also gather it had a back end crash at some time, how bad i do not know.

owner said that all it needed was a few days work!!!!!!.....
since then i had emailed and or called (but not got hold of him) many times offering to buy it but no luck.

probably lucky he did not accept....it will be a money pit, i had allowed for a full frame off rebuild, but at the time thought it was original Wooler Hodec.

it is not as confirmed by Dave H.

would i buy it now, yes in an instant however my business is not good at present so i can't.

however i would allow for a full frame off resto. the comments saying the frame has been worked on, i would doubt the body has been off (and you can't repair bad corrosion with it on)
painting over it with por15 is not going to do it!, and It has not been to our 'known' D repair shop (chris N), and lets face it could many commercial places do the correct job?

the interior looks like it needs complete replacement/refurb.

looks in photos headlight buckets may be missing....can't be sure, but if the metalwork that i saw is an example then any mild steel parts could be in a bad way.

Body needs stripping and a regrain. i would guess that the laquer may come off ok, as the body would not have been sanded and etched like when painted.

it a shame i can't bid, i would be allowing a spend of maybe £10k plus buying it, but use your own judgement of course, and that sort of money would be to get it a close to A1 as possible (but doing lots of your own work on it)

my guess (and could be way off) it may hit the £10-11k mark...we'll see

Regards

steve
ex vin 1621
steve.s

PreviousNext

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted