First Candidate! :D

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: First Candidate! :D

Postby Tom H » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:11 pm

I may be a newbie to these cars too, but I still think it's a little overpriced for its condition. You'd literally want it to be perfect for the kind of money it's gonna eventually cost you to get it here and registering it, etc.

Also, what's going on with the centre console leather and passenger dash bolster? It's so shiny! :lol:
VIN 3078 - August '81 Grey Automatic
Tom H

VIN #: 3078

Postby andyd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:22 pm

willinot wrote:Hi,

The crease in the crumple zone do not necessarily indicate a front end accident in the "hit another car type of way".

Willinot, you have just saved the DCUK forum from another idiotic post from me.

I was just going to post that my car also has very similar creases. And evidence of having bottomed out (tho new ARB brackets on mine, but I agree that the ones Steve posted had been boshed off the deck for sure) by gouges in the bashplate.

Now given my rambles in the ARB-TRE thread, I had thought that the creases in my car may be causing the ARB being out of position. And was going to ask....

From what you are saying, this is not likely to be the case? So these creases (whilst not ideal) are not necessarily a horror??

They are also here in this repaired car from Chris N's site:

dmc.JPG
dmc.JPG (17.27 KiB) Viewed 2642 times

Even straightened out, I cannot see the ARB mounts being in a measuarbly different position...

And the recall plates are also still straight.

However, the point still stands that on a car of this money you would not expect such flaws...

andy
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby tourettes tony » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 pm

just buy one to restore less on the vat ,plus you have us lot to guide you :D dont get carried away or you will be throwing your hard earned away TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby jamesrguk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Interesting one,

Is it just me or does this car have front wheels on the back too!

look at the gaps in the arches the fronts and backs look the same.

+ the interior is awful

This car is a load of tat at stupid money stay away!!!!

For $22k you could get a car like this from the states from a member of the delorean owners association http://www.deloreanowners.org/index.php?P=65

Nice car from someone within the community

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 902wt_1021
Rebuild car from dmc, looks great

There are so many good cars around, don't settle for anything less if you're paying top dollar.

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby steve852 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm

lol okeeeey dokeeeey, so... candidate 1 is a waste of time... check. Unless I can barter them down $10k... which is pretty unlikely. Next time hopefully I'll get a better candidate for group inspection ;) Appreciated all

@Jerzy - I didn't know that about the 3rd gen bonnets beginning manufacture in December 81. Learn sommat new every day. Cheers :)

@Mike - cheers mate, appreciated

@Paul - good observation with the screws! Amateur DIY really isn't what I'm looking for lol

@Tom - Yes, I noticed that too! :) It looks original upholstery? I dunno, very strange. Cheers!

@Andy - Good to see the comparison between a good car crumple zone n the car I posted. Noted and agreed about the car cost though. For that price it should be pretty spotless

@Tony - Cheers for the reassurance mate, really appreciated ;) Good to know everyone here's in support :D

@James - haha! I can see what you mean by the wheels. Think you're right with the 'load of tat' remark - far too expensive for the money. In regards to the new build for sale, I saw that one actually - I've enquired about it and just waiting to hear back from the owner. In regards to the other from the D Owners Association - good call! Will investigate! Cheer's for the two plugs mate :)
Last edited by steve852 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,
Steve Tucker

VIN 5706, October 81, grey interior, "AXI 81"
steve852

VIN #: 5706

Postby Admin-bloke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Hang in there Steve, the right one will come along...
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Previous

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted