Good DMC wanted

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: Good DMC wanted

Postby arranj » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:08 am

Yes, certainly PM him: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=69 - he's on here every day, will be back tomorrow no doubt.

The £38k right hander, very nice car, but unless you want RHD you're paying £5-10k for a steering conversion you don't need.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby matt black » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 am

Thank you arranj. I'll sent him a PM then.

Many thanks,
Rob.
matt black

VIN #: 5284
Spaxed

Postby hana 5284 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:43 am

Hi guys yes iphone flat all day yesterday i have pm'd rob and i think he is going to ring me today.
cheers Tys x
EuroTec Head of Transportation / Official Crane Operator
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club

hana 5284

VIN #: Vin 6367
Spaxed

Postby Starglider » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 pm

matt black wrote:I've also been looking at the RHD one that is for sale for 38k I think it was.

For reference Chris Nicholson will scratch build you a Wooler Hodec RHD from new-old stock (sitting in storage / on the shelf since 1982) and brand new parts for significantly less than that. This is what I'm doing at the moment; the result is an effectively zero mile car in even better condition, and you can specify transmission, interior colour, custom parts etc. The only drawback is that it takes about six months (plus maybe a few months waiting for construction to start). As such I can't see 38K for an otherwise standard RHD being justified unless you think that it's 'history' (first RHD car made) is worth a big premium.
Starglider

VIN #: 12306

Postby Manxmann » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 am

Starglider wrote:
matt black wrote:I've also been looking at the RHD one that is for sale for 38k I think it was.

For reference Chris Nicholson will scratch build you a Wooler Hodec RHD from new-old stock (sitting in storage / on the shelf since 1982) and brand new parts for significantly less than that. This is what I'm doing at the moment; the result is an effectively zero mile car in even better condition, and you can specify transmission, interior colour, custom parts etc. The only drawback is that it takes about six months (plus maybe a few months waiting for construction to start). As such I can't see 38K for an otherwise standard RHD being justified unless you think that it's 'history' (first RHD car made) is worth a big premium.

Hmm, sorry but to me your final remark seems a little flippant. Don't worry I'm not going to go all legend turbo intake but a 'factory' built authentic rhd car is piece of history, far from standard they all start out as leftys and hence always worth a large premium over cars such as yours.

To be honest I would have to say for me a 'standard original' car would command a higher premium, not that I think what your doing is bad I'm very impressed its just your important to remember your dealing with a Delorean not a Vauxhall cross. They're famous/infamous for what they are not what some bloke can buy from halfords and stick on.

My car was modified by martin, turbo engine gbox etc in hindsight all that crap devalued the car not the other way round.

That's my 2p anyway :-)

Sent from my Zenithink C97
The Manx 'D' - VIN 17152
Manxmann

VIN #: 17152
Spaxed

Postby Starglider » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Manxmann wrote:Hmm, sorry but to me your final remark seems a little flippant. Don't worry I'm not going to go all legend turbo intake but a 'factory' built authentic rhd car is piece of history, far from standard they all start out as leftys and hence always worth a large premium over cars such as yours.

I admit I was unclear there in mixing up two issues in the same paragraph. The going price for Wooler Hodec or AXI RHD DMC-12s is around 30k; I seriously considered buying one at that price about a year ago. That seller was asking for an 8K premium over other good-quality RHDs. By 'paying for history' I meant paying extra for having the first one made and/or being shipped to Australia and back. Maybe that's worth a little premium but apparently not 8K.

The relative value of a contemporary build or remanufacture is a separate issue. Here some people certainly put a value on 'built in Belfast 30 years ago and not changed since' and I understand that, but personally I'd always go for '30 years less wear and tear'. It's arguable that the DMC Houston rebuild program is overpriced and doesn't produce an as-new car. What Chris N is doing is really impressive though, using 100% NOS components (excepting perishable ones) and unused WH parts to make an effectively brand new car, priced at the going rate for a good 30-year old RHD DMC-12. Ok I've done all sorts of crazy non-standard things to mine, which I'm sure ruins it in the eyes of many. However if you order one and leave him to his own devices it will be a concours quality stock car, just assembled 30 years late. I think that's an option anyone looking for a good RHD should seriously consider (at least, as long as P J Grady's parts stockpile holds out).
Starglider

VIN #: 12306

Postby arranj » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Starglider wrote:I admit I was unclear there in mixing up two issues in the same paragraph. The going price for Wooler Hodec or AXI RHD DMC-12s is around 30k; I seriously considered buying one at that price about a year ago. The seller here was asking for an 8K premium over other good-quality RHDs. By 'paying for history' I meant paying extra for having the first one made and/or being shipped to Australia and back. Maybe that's worth a little premium but apparently not 8K.

£30k for a W-H RHD is an old price now - bear in mind a normal LHD car just sold for over £29k at auction. I've seen another W-H RHD for sale at £35k (last year). And the £35k car for sale at the moment (was £38K) last sold for £39k+
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm

arranj wrote:
Starglider wrote:I admit I was unclear there in mixing up two issues in the same paragraph. The going price for Wooler Hodec or AXI RHD DMC-12s is around 30k; I seriously considered buying one at that price about a year ago. The seller here was asking for an 8K premium over other good-quality RHDs. By 'paying for history' I meant paying extra for having the first one made and/or being shipped to Australia and back. Maybe that's worth a little premium but apparently not 8K.

£30k for a W-H RHD is an old price now - bear in mind a normal LHD car just sold for over £29k at auction. I've seen another W-H RHD for sale at £35k (last year). And the £35k car for sale at the moment (was £38K) last sold for £39k+

I disagree Arran, you can buy a Pilot car for the same figure.
Also the history on Vin 510 is worded as 'believed' to be the first...it might not be?
The part finished cars that Chris N has uncovered could have even earlier vins
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Anyone who pays £28k for a LHD with only 328 miles on the clock needs their head testing.
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I disagree with you all.

The left hand drive black interior automatic between vins 4067 and 4069 is the most desired.

It is officially believed to be the most highly "garage accurate" example and the Prototype "NickT tuning" tuned example, accurately verified on the rolling road at Euro-Tec "Awards" 2010.........

£30k
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted