One for Import?

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: One for Import?

Postby kieran » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeah I think you just have to go into either of them with your eyes wide open. There's gonna be money to spend. The 19k car is probably mechanically more sound but might have hidden frame issues and odd 4th gear issue. The 14k is much more work, so you'd have to know you had the time to sort it. I think the 19k is more risk because the 14k is more honest in its condition and ultimately sub-£10k but both will need work, it's just how much.
kieran

Postby kieran » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm

For those interested BCC say that both cars have now sold. Back to the hunt ;)
kieran

Postby ALEXAKOS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:07 pm

kieran wrote:For those interested BCC say that both cars have now sold. Back to the hunt ;)

Good,
They were only trouble!!!

That Beverly hills guy only sells overpriced trash!
The 14k one should not cost more than 8-10k and the 19K one should have been at 13-15 K USD

If you are near 19K usd I say add another 2K and get a decent running one. Watch out for the frame!!!! Should NOT HAVE a black color nor should it have rust anywhere.
All the rest is easy to tackle slowly as you go.
VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/LEDs/HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/MOMO/Custom SS exhaust/K&N/SS: f.fascia mounts,brake+clutch lines+tank cover+heat shlds/Posi-quiet brake pds/Poly bushing: steering +f.sway bar +radius.
ALEXAKOS

VIN #: MMMMMCMXCII
Spaxed

Postby andyd » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Ali66 wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure I'm up for that much of a project.

Spend more money, or don't buy a D !

Not being cunty (at all, hi both kieren & ali by the way), but even sorted cars which have been in the UK for a while can still be a mission. Read posts from recent importees.

Good luck! :dmcdoors: they are also fucking ace fun btw :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

andy
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby kieran » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Interesting what you say about BCC Alex, I had similar comments on the other forum. They have a lot of cars but will likely steer clear given their reputation.

Thanks for the welcome Andy ;) My conclusion is that I think I'll need to spend $22+ for the condition I want, which is fine, happy to wait and watch for the right car.

Thanks for you advice guys
kieran

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:14 pm

ALEXAKOS wrote:[ That Beverly hills guy only sells overpriced trash! o.

But wouldn't you pay extra for the Maroon sticker, Alex :)
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby tourettes tony » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:38 pm

First things first , don't worry if the motor is shagged there's a few Volvo engines knocking about
Secondly , you will find that if you want a decent car in the end you will have to replace the same parts , son you may as well go for a cheaper one ( within reason)
But budget for tyres , re brush , callipers, headlights ,seat covers , bottom ball joints , trim , dash and binnacle recovering , angle drive , front and rear facia re-paint , trailing arm bolts , door seals inner and outer , frame repairs, steering rack refurb possible front and rear dampers , engine , Fueling , door struts , suspension bushes and that's if your lucky .
You won't make a fortune but you shouldn't lose TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby ALEXAKOS » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:06 am

Dangermouse wrote:
ALEXAKOS wrote:[ That Beverly hills guy only sells overpriced trash! o.

But wouldn't you pay extra for the Maroon sticker, Alex :)
for a maroon dealer delorean yes... But the sticker it's self.... Not really! It was the only part of my restoration I got for free!!! :)
VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/LEDs/HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/MOMO/Custom SS exhaust/K&N/SS: f.fascia mounts,brake+clutch lines+tank cover+heat shlds/Posi-quiet brake pds/Poly bushing: steering +f.sway bar +radius.
ALEXAKOS

VIN #: MMMMMCMXCII
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 am

tourettes tony wrote:First things first , don't worry if the motor is shagged there's a few Volvo engines knocking about
Secondly , you will find that if you want a decent car in the end you will have to replace the same parts , son you may as well go for a cheaper one ( within reason)
But budget for tyres , re brush , callipers, headlights ,seat covers , bottom ball joints , trim , dash and binnacle recovering , angle drive , front and rear facia re-paint , trailing arm bolts , door seals inner and outer , frame repairs, steering rack refurb possible front and rear dampers , engine , Fueling , door struts , suspension bushes and that's if your lucky .
You won't make a fortune but you shouldn't lose TT

don't forget about the bar tabs to payback Nick and TT, and a few others!
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Ali66 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 am

Yeah thanks for the advice guys, it truly is invaluable to a greenhorn such as I!

Yeah I'm budgeting for something around the $25k mark but often can't resist when a cheapie comes up.

The hunt continues...
Alex

"That Punk Calvin Klein"

VIN 3759
Sept 81
Black Interior
Auto
Ali66

VIN #: 3759

PreviousNext

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted