DeLorean For Auction - 16th October - Vin 1622

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: DeLorean For Auction - 16th October - Vin 1622

Postby MikeWard » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:52 am

tbrm wrote:Interested to read all the comments about insurance and specifically giving details of alterations to the insurance company. Admin Bloke, which alterations have you told the insurance people about? I also have H-rated Grabbers on my car and while i will swap them for V-rated tyres when they need replacing I don't fancy buying new ones while the Grabbers are still OK.

Grabbers are T rated (lower speed rating than oem).

There were some H rated tyres floating around a little while back, but I don't know if they are still available.

The only other tyre in the correct size for the rear (which exceeds the oem speed rating), is the Pirelli P600, which are produced in very small quantities and have a price tag to reflect that; http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/p ... e=11022834
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby LyonEstates » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Thanks for all the info there guys. Although now I'm in a right predicament as to which ones to get, ha ha. I never even thought about the insurance issues!

As much as the price pains me I'll probably end up going with the P600s, due to the fact that I'm currently in the middle of an on going claim on my daily drive that has been in the air since December, and it has highlighted the lengths the bell ends will go to get out of paying up. When I look at it like that I figure I'd be best spending the extra couple of hundred now, to say if something were to happen how devastating it would be if my insurance company wouldn't pay out over something daft like the tyre speed rating on a DeLorean.

Seen as the current rear tyres have been on it since 1991 I'd like to think I'd get my moneys worth out of the P600s anyway, ha. It still has the Goodyear Eagles the previous owner put on when he imported it! Hence changing them really is a necessity.
LyonEstates

VIN #: 1622

Postby LyonEstates » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:11 pm

A little bit cheaper on Tyre Leader than on Black Circles.

Still disgustingly dear.

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/p ... 5-98w-6788
LyonEstates

VIN #: 1622

Previous

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted