JZD's missus' car for sale in Germany

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

JZD's missus' car for sale in Germany

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:02 pm

Allegedly pre-owned by Cristina Ferrare, according to the owner of the car from the mid 80s to 2014. I haven't seen any proof of this.

https://auctionata.com/o/127065/delorea ... model-1982
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Re: JZD's missus' car for sale in Germany

Postby A Van » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Mmmmm I might ask Kathryn
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:48 am

From James Espey via Talk

As the Vice President of the DeLorean Motor Company and a founding board member of The DeLorean Museum, I was asked last week by a member of the media to confirm the statements issued in the press release regarding this DeLorean, in particular the claims that "John Hine DeLorean" was the original purchaser and he gifted the car to his wife, Cristina Ferrare.

By perusing factory records and reviewing the "window sticker" provided in the auction listing as proof of this, I am certain that this was not originally purchased by John DeLorean, nor was the car ever gifted to his wife, Cristina, by him.

The DeLorean Museum is in possession of an "Original/Current Owner List as of 02/16/83" that was donated to the Museum by a former employee of the original DeLorean Motor Company. This list indicates that the vehicle in question, with Vehicle Identification Number SCEDT26T9BD006452 was original owned by a Donald ****** of Pauma Valley, California through Jim Finney DeLorean in Carlsbad, California,

Further, close inspection of the window sticker reveals that it is a poorly made reproduction of the original. Indicators of this are found in the poor quality of the EPA and Department of Transportation logos on the left and right side of the page near the bottom and the incorrect DMC logo (without outlines) at the top. The price is also incorrect, as all 1981 models had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $25,000 - not $28,650. The fact that data is put on the form with a typewriter rather than with the impact printers in which all other window stickers of 1981 models were produced is yet another indicator of this being a reproduction.

I am in a unique position to look for these anomalies in the reproductions as in 1997 I created the master document that was used to create the window sticker in regards to this car. The link to this document, which can still be found online, is here:

http://www.dmcnews.com/files.html

and the document itself is attached for reference.

Here is a link to where I originally posted the file for the world to use - http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/au...es/dml272.html

Still further evidence is in the name typed on this window sticker in reference to the car you have on consignment - the name "John Hine DeLorean" - John DeLorean's middle name was "Zachary" and I think it is unlikely that someone would get the name of the man who founded and owned the company incorrect.

For further reference, I have attached a photograph of an original 1981 window sticker so you can see all the differences.

And last but not least, The DeLorean Museum is in possession of several list of company-owned cars, several of which were assigned to the custody of John DeLorean during the life of the company. It's curious why the owner of the company would purchase a car for his wife when he had several at his disposal that were replaced every few thousand miles with later production models.

Attached Images

File Type: jpg dml screenshot August 1997.JPG (54.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg original 1981 window sticker.jpg (93.8 KB, 29 views)

Attached Files

File Type: pdf sticker.pdf (52.2 KB, 7 views)

James Espey, Vice President
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:53 am

A Van wrote:From James Espey via Talk By perusing factory records and reviewing the "window sticker" provided in the auction listing as proof of this, I am certain that this was not originally purchased by John DeLorean, nor was the car ever gifted to his wife, Cristina, by him.

Of course you would never try and put anybody off the scent so you could buy it though
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:02 pm

From Dangermouse on Talk:

"John Hine DeLorean" was the trading name of one of the California dealers (also John Hine Pontiac), nothing to do with John Zachary DeLorean, apart from being a dealer for DMC.

So that paperwork is a red herring. An original bill-of-sale would be needed to prove the sellers claim, beyond finding a ticket stub. Its possible that CF simply drove this car at some point, though.
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Car seems to have been pulled from the sale.......
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Dangermouse

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted