Vin 6100 FOR SALE (painted red) £22,000

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Vin 6100 FOR SALE (painted red) £22,000

Postby arranj » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Just appeared on Ebay, located in Essex: ebay.co.uk/itm/321895170341 - relisted now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322058216695

This car is believed to be one of 3 cars that were painted red by the USA dealer with assistance from the factory, making it very rare. the previous owner owned it since 1986. I have imported it from the USA, it is now road registered and almost ready to go. During the recommissioning I have addressed the normal problem areas of these cars. The fuel tank has been cleaned and the fuel system has been serviced. The interior benefits from new seats from Delorean Houston, Door seals, and many other parts.
This car is in remarkable condition. The chassis is like new, no corrosion at all.

If red is not to your liking the car can be stripped back to the factory brushed finish for £2,000.

This car is keenly priced, another project has come up and I need the space and money to start that.
Attachments
delorean-for-sale.JPG
delorean-for-sale.JPG (44.54 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Re: Vin 6100 FOR SALE (painted red) £26,000

Postby arranj » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Now relisted and "complete" - updated Ebay link above, also here: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C703677
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 am

This was on Mersea island the other day, I think it was also at Fairfax Motors having some K-Jet work done.

From the look of the chassis and interior if it runs ok if you could negotiate a couple of grand off then it is probably quite a good buy, that's if you don't mind the painted finish, but stripping that off could always be a future project.

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby MikeWard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:50 pm

If it is a dealer painted car as claimed, then it should be left painted. Dealer painted cars that haven't been stripped back to stainless are hens teeth.

jamesrguk wrote:From the look of the chassis and interior....

The steering rack has over spray on it so the chassis has been touched up at some point in the past. The seat covers to my eye don't look to be particularly well fitted either.

Edit - are those screws holding the door trim panels down?!? :shock:
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby jerzybondov » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Yes, those definitely are screws holding the door panels on - top and bottom!

I'd want some evidence that the car was genuinely dealer painted - pretty much ever painted car that comes up for sale in the States claims to be, but mysteriously has no documentation backing it up...

Until you see it, you'd have to assume it was pranged at some point and painted to cover it up.
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:03 pm

MikeWard wrote:If it is a dealer painted car as claimed, then it should be left painted. Dealer painted cars that haven't been stripped back to stainless are hens teeth.

jamesrguk wrote:From the look of the chassis and interior....

The steering rack has over spray on it so the chassis has been touched up at some point in the past. The seat covers to my eye don't look to be particularly well fitted either.

Edit - are those screws holding the door trim panels down?!? :shock:

Completely agreed, I wasn't suggesting anyone should buy it without a good inspection :D

As for paint... it only has any value if there is paperwork to support it, I'm a massive advocate of painted cars - with a history to them - being retained as painted cars though to be honest if the owner wants to strip their car that's their choice.

I'll admit I was a little sad to see Alistair V's old car stripped as it had so much documentation about Berger Paints painting it as a promotional tool, but who am I to tell people what to do with their property.

This car certainly warrants a good look around.

I get the impression this guy bought it and shipped it just to sell and hopefully make money, nothing wrong with that, but it probably means a deal can be negotiated on price.

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Re: Vin 6100 FOR SALE (painted red) £22,000

Postby arranj » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:48 pm

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted