Vin 2392 For Sale - £35k

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Vin 2392 For Sale - £35k

Postby arranj » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:14 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201681970160 - whilst no longer listed there it is still for sale (last confirmed on 24th November 2016) - contact details below

Black manual - Tom 2's first car. Someone is going to get a real beauty here, safe to say that it's going to have very well looked after!

Regrettably for sale is my stunning Delorean DMC-12. I have owned her for the last 6 years, and the car is very well known within the Delorean community. She is one of three I currently own, I have a screen accurate time machine replica I hire out for events, and am currently restoring a twin turbo Delorean - however with a young family I am finding it increasingly difficult to justify having all these cars, so here for offer is my stunning first ever Delorean.

Manufactured in July 1981 as VIN 2392, she has the early grooved hood with gas flap and wide black dealer side stripe with '3-D' DMC logo. Manual 5-speed transmission and Black leather interior.

The stainless steel is absolutely pristine, having only just been re-brushed in late 2015 to factory condition by Delorean legend Chris Nicholson of PJ Grady UK. Not so much as a scratch anywhere it is immaculate.

All gas struts are recent - doors open and stay open! All door seals have been replaced - inner seals, outer seals and T panel seals. The lower engine cover grilles have been replaced with laser cut stainless steel grilles with DMC logo. Stainless steel lettering in the rear bumper. Fascias repainted in last couple years, no eyebrows above the headlights!

Original spare wheel and jack etc.

The wheels have been sand blasted and powder coated with a semi-chrome finish look absolutely stunning, new centre caps and new tyres all round (general grabbers on rear, continental on front). Single piece speedo drive cable to bypass lambda counter.

Manual transmission has the Stainless steel shift gate from DMOCO, correctly installed and adjusted so all gears engage perfectly. Custom fabricated stainless steel gear stick, with stainless steel gear knob.

The engine has a few upgrades making her a bit more impressive than a standard D. She is running Volvo fuelling - basically this means the engine has the original European setup for fuel injection rather than the US setup which was very restrictive due to the strict emissions requirements of the time. The main difference is the removal of Lambda, so no O2 sensor, catalytic convertor or frequency valve to constantly adjust the fuel mixture - the engine is free to run as it was supposed to which means more HP. She has a complete stainless free flow exhaust system (UK built) which is all stainless from the mainfold to the muffler tips! Sounds incredible. Engine has been painted by PJ Grady UK and has plenty of other enhancements including stainless header tank, stainless fuel lines throughout and performance cold air intake through K&N filter. She was fully serviced a couple months ago, including new plugs and even new injectors (genuine bosch). Recent clutch and brake master cylinder. This is the fastest non-turbo setup there is in the UK.

The seats were recovered approx. 2-3 years ago, including new seat runners. The carpets are also new throughout as well as the headliners so the interior is like new. Original dash and binnacle etc all perfect. Still has the original Craig headunit which still works, has a modulator attached to it so you can plug in your mp3 player to it! Has the electric power aerial upgrade which still works! Door lights are LED, battery has an isolator for long periods without battery drain. Even has a fire extinguisher behind the drivers seat . . . it is a Delorean afterall!

Chassis is good and solid, no repairs. Had a new steering rack fitted last year so the steering is nice and tight. Starter motor is also one of the new high torque replacements. Handbrake works (Rare!).

Car comes with tonnes of paperwork, from the original bill of sale from a Cadillac Dealer in New York in 1981, to all the import paperwork and replacement parts/services in the US and the UK. All the parts I have bought are either from DMC Europe or Delorean Club UK only reputable vendors.

Car drives superbly, starts on the button, shifts smoothly, is a pleasure to drive. Everything works as it should including the power windows, power locks etc.

Has both sets of original keys. I'm sure there is a million things I have forgotten to say about this beautiful car but the pictures say it all. Has always had whatever is needed, never neglected and only covered a few hundred miles each year. She has been back to the original factory site at Dunmurry in Northern Ireland, and done several laps of the test track at Eurofest 2011. She also got 1st prize for the autotest, fastest lap time in category. Have tonnes of photo's can supply with the car.

Viewing is recommended to see how beautiful this Delorean really is, serious buyers only, no offers, no tyre kickers or dreamers. Test drives will need to show comprehensive insurance beforehand.

This is a very reluctant sale and still not convinced I want to be selling her, its gutting.

Please contact me, Tom, on 07720537722 OR click ask seller for anymore info
Attachments
deloreanb3.jpg
deloreanb3.jpg (335.11 KiB) Viewed 5315 times
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Re: Vin 2392 For Sale - £35k

Postby A Van » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:32 am

Yes it is a very nice car, I had the pleasure of using it for a month or so couple of years back.
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:43 am

It's such a lovely car, good luck with the sale I'm sure you'll be kicking yourself once you've sold it though !
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:42 pm

arranj wrote:

This is the fastest non-turbo setup there is in the UK.

Not strictly true ;)

Lovely car though, Tom deserves top money for this. Hope he gets it.
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:03 pm

What he is saying that ' the engine set up is the fastest non turbo set up there is in the UK'

Not that his car is necessarily the fastest non turbo, but the set up is

He is running a Volvo Bertone engine
Alistair V

Ex 11622, 6064

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:36 pm

So he's running a full B28E? I read it as that he'd put the volvo fuelling onto a DeLorean block. My bad if so :D
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Yes full b28e
Alistair V

Ex 11622, 6064

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:07 pm

I've got the fastest non-turbo set up in the UK, full b28e with ss exhaust and the more responsive Automatic transmission.

0-60 in well under 20 seconds!!
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby mec » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:19 am

:roll:
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

2009 DMC Europe open house Roadtrip member
Official 2010 Silvercoast "Chaved Banana"
Unofficial 2011 Eurofest Autotest WINNER ! 128.7 secs
2013 Silvercoast DMC Roadtrip Representitive
Eurofest 2016 Roadtrip member
2019 Hamburg Official Convoy Member

DeLorean Club
mec

VIN #: 4395
Spaxed

Postby AlexxMichael » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Is the owner of the car as well here ? I m inerestested in the car. Any help would be great
AlexxMichael

Next

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted