Max's Delorean Search

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: Max's Delorean Search

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 am

I have the stage 2 upgrade on my car and it had the same steel exhaust as the above car.
DMCH changed the exhaust to a stainless version about 8 years ago.
The mild steel one was "jet hot coated" a USA version of an exhaust coating. Unfortunately they don't hold up well on this side of the Atlantic and that one already looks to be rusting a bit. Inspect it closely where the 3 exhaust pipes join to the engine mount plate as mine rotted there and needed new pipe sections welded in.
I initially thought it was a gasket.
If it's in decent condition, id recommend investing in a good exhaust paint to keep it going for plenty of years.
Kenny

VIN #: 1569

Postby MikeWard » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 am

arranj wrote:Good luck - even with the crappy exchange rate, VAT and shipping, that's better value than the current offering over here.

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Max, if you do decide to buy it, be sure you make use of the import section on the forum, that has all the information you'll need to import the car over and get it registered. viewforum.php?f=148
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby Max » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Cheers guys.

Kenny, I will definitely make a note to check that if I go. Thanks for mentioning that!

I'm weighing up some options in the UK before I make a decision, if anyone knows of any cars going that aren't listed on eBay etc let me know :)
Max

VIN #: 5983

Postby Max » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Flights booked! :shock:

I'll try and share some photos next weekend.
Max

Postby InoX » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:44 pm

good luck pal :thumbsup:
InoX

Postby Admin-bloke » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Good luck, enjoy the trip too !
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby Max » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Cheers guys! Only going for the weekend but hopefully have time to squeeze in a few theme parks haha.
Max

Postby Dan 6511 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:41 am

I was also in Florida last week and popped into DMC. Upon hearing my accent I was greated with 'Hey you must be Max?' :lol:

Had a look at the car your interested in, looked alright. Did you make it there and what did you think?
Vin: 6511 Reg: TDV 102W (Totaly Diabolical Vehicle)

Sell it Or Sorn it

Road trips:
2008: Mervyn's D Weekend, Ireland
2008: DMC Europe Open House
2009: DMC Europe Open House
2009: Royal D Weekend, Ireland
2010: Silvercoast, France
2010: Shanefest, Ireland
2010: Luxemburg & Nurburgring
2011: Eurofest, Belfast
2019: International DeLorean Meeting, Hamburg
Dan 6511

VIN #: 6511

Postby Max » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Dan 6511 wrote:I was also in Florida last week and popped into DMC. Upon hearing my accent I was greated with 'Hey you must be Max?' :lol:

Had a look at the car your interested in, looked alright. Did you make it there and what did you think?

Ahaha! :lol: He did actually mention that to me, but I didn't expect it to be someone on the forum!

The car was alright, it needed a lot of smaller things doing as well as the radiator and exhaust problem solving. Combined with the price I think it's just too much money for the amount of work needed.

Lots of little things put me off, in addition to the interior work and other things that they had mentioned. Front/rear fascias had been resprayed at some point, wasn't quite the right colour. Two wheels were grey, two wheels were silver. Occasional loud harsh grinding noise when turning the wheel, no idea what that was. Only one window worked and it wasn't great (despite being told both were working "correctly"), one brake light and one tail light didn't work. Panel alignment was bad. It was fun to drive but it was pretty damn loud, don't know if we'd get away with that in the UK. Droopy doors. etcetc. Bit too much salesman vibe from the owner. It all adds up.

I'm in the process of buying another one at the moment, it's all coming together nicely so far :)
Max

Postby Max » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Thought I best update this thread. While I was in Florida I went to check out another D from a private seller, which turned out to be in much better condition and much more reasonably priced. Last week I sent over the payment, so it's official. I own a DeLorean!!

Although it's in another country and wont get here until December. But exciting times ahead. I thought I'd share a few photos -

Don't worry - I'll be reverting back to the original wheel and gear knob.
Max

PreviousNext

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted