- SOLD - A little bit of DeLorean development history

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: A little bit of DeLorean development history for sale

Postby Nick Sutton » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:03 pm

When I left Delorean in 1983 I took with me a few car brochures. Most have now gone but a few survive.

The attached is of a Volvo 264 in almost perfect condition and a Renault Alpine - note the date of April 1976 which must have originated from either Bill Collins or John DeLoreans collection.

Nick Sutton
Attachments
alpine2.jpg
alpine2.jpg (23.86 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
alpine.jpg
alpine.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
Volvo.jpg
Volvo.jpg (42.21 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
Nick Sutton
Former DMC Employee

Postby oel159 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 am

Took a while to get her on to the trailer but got there in the end and got her home.
oel159

Postby Admin-bloke » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:49 am

oel159 wrote:Took a while to get her on to the trailer but got there in the end and got her home.

Have you bought her then?? Whats the plans for the car?
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby oel159 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm

I have indeed, she's going to be restored. Fuel system is clogged up so will be the first thing to tackle, she runs (with creative fuel injecting) and goes into gears and all the electrics work. Had my friend out to have a look at it as he'll be doing the bodywork, bonnet will need replacing, the rest of the body work will need a good sand down and respray and all it's costing is the price of the paint so not too bad. Interior is grand, just needs a good clean. The quest for more info on it's background goes on, the DMC sticker has deteriorated a good bit since we picked her up first, the top one is grand but the one underneath with the serial number which you can't see anymore is quite bad, can still make out some of the address. Link is attached below for some pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41827761@N ... 412234825/
oel159

Re: - SOLD - A little bit of DeLorean development history

Postby oel159 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 am

Still looking for anymore information on this vehicle, have attached documents from the DVLA and close ups of the stickers on the dash.

oel159

Postby A Van » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Just recieved the latest ' DeLorean World ' where it has a 4 page spread on this car written by Omar (oel)

Plus a nice big mention of the forum

Nice work Omar!
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby oel159 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Went to get the alloy wheels powder coated today, and the guy who was doing it looked at them and said "oh cool, another set of Delorean alloys". As soon as I got home I spotted the copy of Delorean World that Josh kindly sent over, delighted with the article.
oel159

Postby oel159 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Wheels have gone off to Tallaght Powder Coating for a new lease of life, they should be ready during the week. New tyres are ready and waiting to go on them when there done. The spare wheel was in good condition so was not sent off to be powder coated, believe it or not it still has the original tyre on the rim:

Canada and US codes only.

Made in W. Germany.

Went to work on the engine today, managed to get her fired up with a bit of fiddling and an external fuel source (fuel in tank is stale). Have a new fuel pump, fuel filter etc to go on next weekend when the petrol tank is clean out. Unfortunately the air/fuel mixture is way off so we need to get that sorted too.

When I bought the car, I was informed that there were ports etc that were used for taking readings on engine temps etc but when it went for its service with Volvo these were removed or blocked up. But the more we looked the more random parts we found, pipes leading to nowhere and random electrical blocks as illustrated below which we could not find either in the Haynes Manual or pictures of similar engines online:

Unknown orange pipe.

Protruding pipe had a small bit of rubber hose with a bolt stuck in the end of it. From other pictures of the same there shouldn't be a pipe here at all.

When the dirt was wiped off the rest of it, it reads Made in the USA and Fuel Carb Bowl. It's not connected to anything and sits behind the left headlight.

Random block with nothing to connect too.

Quite confusing, but hopefully someone might have an idea what they were for or it could be modifications by Lotus for the Delorean developement. Maybe someone has something similar on a Delorean engine etc.
oel159

Previous

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted