Catalytic Converter Gasket

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

Re: Catalytic Converter Gasket

Postby arranj » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:48 pm

There is one that was close, but wasn't right. I tried a few gasket manufacturers and couldn't find a match so that's why the club had the tooling made up and had 100 made. It looks like we'll be supplying Ed with these too, so safe to say he's obviously tried and failed. The one he supplied works, but the holes don't line up right.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby jwrayth » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:23 pm

I can confirm the ones Ed previously provided are a tight and incorrect fit. It does the job, but the gasket ends up partially damaged as it just doesn't align to the bolt holes.

Thankfully with all the effort the club goes to if I ever need to do the job again I can source a perfect fit now :D Cheers Arran!
jwrayth

VIN #: 4494
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:29 pm

And thanks for the help with measuring these/sort of suggesting it James! :thumbsup:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 pm

jwrayth wrote:I can confirm the ones Ed previously provided are a tight and incorrect fit. It does the job, but the gasket ends up partially damaged as it just doesn't align to the bolt holes.

Thankfully with all the effort the club goes to if I ever need to do the job again I can source a perfect fit now :D Cheers Arran!

We are always open for suggestions for any other parts anyone thinks we should stock etc.

There is another ' must have ' ( in my opinion anyway) product which is about three weeks from being ready ... Whoops I already said too much
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753