couple of parts needed.

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

couple of parts needed.

Postby InoX » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Hello.

I'm after the following parts:

coolant pipes: 105990; 105990; 105992; 105988. these are the two which are closest to the rad, plus the two which bend down through the frame past the fuel tank (essencially the four nearest the front of the car).

http://www.delorean.com/store/c-331-1-3 ... iping.aspx

also, any body got a pair of circlips that fit the lower ball joints? I seem to have misplaced the ones i had in my kit from Hervey :(

fuel tank enclosure plate (that's the plate that sits beneath the fuel tank). mine has, well, had it. Houston don't have any stainless ones in, the chap who made stainless ones in the States quoted $225 just to ship the thing (blooming fedex!) and Ed Uding wants 295EUR for one... anybody got a good used one they can sell me?

I think that's it.

oh, no one knows the cross reference/size/shape/grade of the castle nuts on Hervey's upper ball joints? I seem to be missing a pair of those, too :(

cheers!
Dave.
InoX

Re: couple of parts needed.

Postby arranj » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Circlips - I/we can help you with these in some way (not the first time I've heard of missing circlips! :? ), and as for "castle nuts" - well we can probably help each other with this since a few of us need to do a Hervey order.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby tourettes tony » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 am

maybe ask chris n at pj's to make up a plate, or he may have one knocking about TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby DeLorean Cars » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 am

Hi Dave. For the coolant pipes, you might like to find a tubesmith in your local area to copy what you have. Do not be tempted to have them made in stainless, keep them aluminium.

Likewise, for the fuel tank plate, find a local laser cutting company to make one from stainless for you. The leading edge captive nuts are somewhat unesccessary BTW, but you can avoid welding by using rivnuts and the whole thing can be made from a single flat sheet.
DeLorean Cars

VIN #: 4772, 3352

Postby A Van » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Dave

Re the castle nuts and circlips?

end of the month any good?, or do you need sooner?

A
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby InoX » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:16 pm

I might ask at grady's for everything, see what they come up with.

Arran, cheers - do you have a pair of clips? :)

Martin, the fuel tank plate has a bend in it on the leading edge where those nuts are (to accommodate sliding above the frame lip in that area.) so it wouldn't be a straight cut job, i suppose.
No intention of going stainless for the tubes - why wouldn't you, though? is it that electrolysis people talk about or is it a weight issue, or is it because making everything out of stainless is kinda pointless and costs more than it should?

I sent you an e-mail regarding fuel lines and brake set-up in July (i didn't respond to your response, though - i think i went out on the piss, instead - i do apologise). I'l take a set of those lovely fuel lines off you. paypal? I think i also asked about front brake disks and why i couldn't use capri front rotors - I now know why: the hub hole in the middle isn't big enough and the holes are too big and slightly too far out of centre (don't ask me how i know this)....any ideas on front vented disks? Can't afford a full kit ATM, though :( I'm reassembling the front suspension and need the front rotors before everything else....

Al
I'm after the circlips and nuts sort of urgently :(. I'm trying to move as fast as i can on the car now my frame is back from Ed's (pics to come).

Anyone know the size of the castle nuts? 7/16? I can get 'em off ebay/namrick perhaps.. I got an e-mail from John but it was slightly cryptic.

thanks for your help guys.
Dave.

PS: where did i post this thread originally? was it in the right place? :oops:
InoX

Postby arranj » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:52 pm

A lot of questions there.....

Anyway - stainless - no good in cooling due to electrolysis. Circlips - we (DeLorean Club Parts.com ;) ) will have circlips in stock within 7-10 days I reckon, so can post them straight to you - no problem there. One of us (not me) is indeed in contact with JH at the mo regarding upper ball joints, so we can hopefully find out the size of the nuts. Either way we will have nuts in stock by the 23rd of September if i'm not mistaken (at least I assume these come with the Hervey kit?).....

As for "lovely fuel lines" - I have a set, and they are! Martin has these in stock: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=409

And no, it was in "cars wanted" originally, which - looking at your pictures is probably not a bad idea?! :lol:

Pictures? - Now that would be lovely yes!: viewforum.php?f=41
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby InoX » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 pm

arranj wrote:A lot of questions there.....

Anyway - stainless - no good in cooling due to electrolysis.

What about wood? I'm good with wood. :| ;)

arranj wrote:Circlips - we (DeLorean Club Parts.com ;) ) will have circlips in stock within 7-10 days I reckon, so can post them straight to you - no problem there.

Found them! they were in the bag along with Toby's swaybar kit. who the fugg put them there? woot. aren't i a good boy.

arranj wrote:One of us (not me) is indeed in contact with JH at the mo regarding upper ball joints, so we can hopefully find out the size of the nuts. Either way we will have nuts in stock by the 23rd of September if i'm not mistaken (at least I assume these come with the Hervey kit?).....

NO these are not included in the kit. I was pretty sure I lost them (pretty sure i lost the clips, too, but....), but it turns out that they're not in the kit. I was all set to install a nyloc nut, but then recalled (interesting choice of words) back to Hervey's site and also previous pics of the front suspension where a castle nut was used... This is the e-mail exchange between me and Hervey so far:

John.
No worries. I was just after the size, etc so I could source locally. Do we have the size? It’s not 1/2” not metric either, I shouldn’t think.
Cheers
Dave.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 01 September 2009 23:58
To: 'Dave Smith'
Subject: RE: upper ball joint castle nuts.
Dave,

I know they don’t come with nuts. That is something I keep meaning to do and never have the upper ball joint when I got to one particular hardware store that may have it. I have one store here that has a massive supply of nut and bolts that I can size it and they may have it. But if they don’t I would have to order it myself.

John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:56 PM
To: 'John Hervey'
Subject: upper ball joint castle nuts.
Hi John
Can I just confirm with you what the size and standard is of the castle nuts that go on your upper ball joints? I need to source on locally for a set I bought from you a few months back
Thanks
Dave.

arranj wrote:As for "lovely fuel lines" - I have a set, and they are! Martin has these in stock: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=409

n1 I'll check that out. (noticed them on his site, too)

arranj wrote:And no, it was in "cars wanted" originally, which - looking at your pictures is probably not a bad idea?! :lol:
I knew I posted in the wrong area! I lost my bookmark and had to google the site. I was tired, etc, etc.

arranj wrote:Pictures? - Now that would be lovely yes!: viewforum.php?f=41

I'll post an update to the restoration when i get the body back on the frame; that will be a big milestone when i pull that off.
InoX

Postby arranj » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:28 pm

haha!

Well - I know a few people who share your JH experience! Al should be able to help you out with nuts - there is nothing he doesn't know about nuts. If you click the "chat room" link above within the hour we can elaborate further....! ;)

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:16 pm

EDIT: Wood too! - Al's good with wood! ;)

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Next

Return to DeLorean Parts Wanted