Lower control arms

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

Lower control arms

Postby jamesrguk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi all,

I am going to be doing a major front end overhaul in the near future and as my car is now effectively my 'daily driver' I can't afford for it to be off the road for any longer than absolutely nessasary.

Amongst lots of bushings etc... being replaced and an overhaul of the front brakes, I want to box up the LCA's and was wondering if anyone had any avaliable to purchase (I can get them boxed up).

I know Ed sells beefed up versions, which I am sure are very good, but sadly they are a little over my budget at the moment, about £650/pair at current exchange rate.

I don't want my car to be up in the air with no front end while I send bits away to be boxed up/galvanised etc... Ideally I want to remove one and replace it at the same time.

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Re: Lower control arms

Postby andyd » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:30 am

James,

I am replacing mine. So I have a pair, with polys and club ball joints. One of them is distinctly hors de combat, and I would scrap it, but you could weld it up if you wished? The other is okay, as far as I know.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5029

Alternatively, take them as a cheap source of polys and good bj's. I haven't got them off the car yet, so maybe not much good if you are in a hurry.

When are you thinking?

A
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby jamesrguk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:47 pm

andyd wrote:James,

I am replacing mine. So I have a pair, with polys and club ball joints. One of them is distinctly hors de combat, and I would scrap it, but you could weld it up if you wished? The other is okay, as far as I know.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5029

Alternatively, take them as a cheap source of polys and good bj's. I haven't got them off the car yet, so maybe not much good if you are in a hurry.

When are you thinking?

A

Might be a little past it for me, but out of interest, which ones are you replacing yours with?

Not sure if the club will be stocking Ed's ones and if so at what price.

J
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Postby MikeWard » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:35 am

jamesrguk wrote:Might be a little past it for me, but out of interest, which ones are you replacing yours with?

DMC Midwests
image.jpg
image.jpg (87.9 KiB) Viewed 3807 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby Daniel Shane » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:56 am

Are they aluminium? If so use a corrosion protecting compound like duralac or acf 50 between any dissimilar metals like the steel washers and the Ali arm otherwise the ali we be eaten away in a year
Dan Shane
DCUK 008
Ex VIN 4754

The Black Stig
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Daniel Shane

VIN #: Ex 4754

Postby jamesrguk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 pm

MikeWard wrote:
jamesrguk wrote:Might be a little past it for me, but out of interest, which ones are you replacing yours with?

DMC Midwests
image.jpg

image.jpg

How much were those?

James
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Postby andyd » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi James,

A pair is $1250 + shipping + tax, with the bush and dcuk ball joints pressed in.

Bare arms are $489 each.

Andy
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby BABIS » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:37 pm

BABIS

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:07 pm

All sorted now, have some of Ed's on the way, not the prettiest from what I gather but built like a brick out-house. coupled with new bushes etc... should do the job and give me some piece of mind.

Once I have my OEM ones off I have an engineering contact who will be looking to reproduce them in SS which should provide a more cost effective option for European owners (subject to insurance), he can set to work once I get him my old ones for him to redesign.

Great feedback from the forum as always and highlighting just how many options there are thanks do dedicated vendors and clubs such as this.

James
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Left & Right Handed?

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:12 pm

May sound like an odd question (bare in mind I don't have one in front of me to look at) but are the LCA's handed i.e. off side and near side specific or are they both identical.

If they are identical then that one good one which 'Andyd' has may be useful as a pattern for my contact.

James
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Next

Return to DeLorean Parts Wanted