Bonding Fasteners

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

Bonding Fasteners

Postby InoX » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello

Had to remove the lower valance part of the front bumper to help removing my rad. Naturally at least four of the studs snapped off.

I need to get hold of some bonding fasteners
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=studs+with+base&safe=off&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ1evh_rDTAhVhDMAKHYr-AO0Q_AUICSgC&biw=1696&bih=914#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=bonding+fasteners

I'm sure in the past I've bought some (for the other car). Only a small number for the front bumper, but now I can't find anywhere that sells singles or a small handful. There's https://shop4fasteners.co.uk/fasteners/bonding-fasteners/threaded-studs/stainless-steel-threaded-stud-bonding-fasteners-38mm-x-15mm.html but they only sell in 100s.

Any suggestions?

cheers!
Dave.
InoX

Re: Bonding Fasteners

Postby arranj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Is it these? http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_ ... _id=168002 - I have 20 here from Ed in stock, not the greatest price I know, but if you only need 4 or so it's not too bad I suppose. Not listed on the site at the moment (on the to do list), but they can be, or I can just send you a total.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby InoX » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Thems the ones. the price, indeed, the price. :think:

Have to decide whether to just replace the 4 that are knackered or do a proper job and replace the lot. is there about 8 or so on the lower valance

If I were to get 100 from the other place that's about 60 pence per stud...

I'll have a think.

thanks for getting back so quick
InoX

Postby arranj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 pm

InoX wrote:If I were to get 100 from the other place that's about 60 pence per stud...

What other place? The place you linked to only has the correct size in mild steel.... not stainless. If you've got a link for 100 in stainless at £60 then let me have it, I think I can make that work.. :) - there isn't going to be much interest in mild steel.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:33 pm

If not, then give me 24 hours... I'll see what I can do...

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 am

Looks like I should be able to hook you up - approx £1.25+postage each - in stainless. Will be with me next week sometime. I'm just waiting to see if I can beat that price first. Have a count up over the weekend and let me know how many you need and I'll work out a total posted price - pretty sure I can squeeze them into the "large letter" size.

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:41 pm

I think all mine snapped off, I left the base in situ, drilled out the stud, tapped the hole and then put stainless bolts through, Job Done!!!
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby Spudmurphy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

These guys are sending me a sample of a stainless u clip - captive M6
http://bresco.com/index.html
send him a photo and see what he says . his name is Howard and really helpful on the phone... although it seems arran pretty much has this covered?
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Postby InoX » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi.

I've used bresco in the past for edging clips from memory. I've just had a look at their t bolt page. Some similar fasteners there to the ones I needed, but yes Arran sorted us out. Cheers. Let us know what the sample looks like and how it fits. Cheers.

Dave
InoX

Postby Spudmurphy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Yeah will do Dave. I recently took off all my "frontal and rear accoutrements" and I may very well order some of these on shopping list number 2.
Kevin
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Next

Return to DeLorean Parts Wanted