Fog "on/off" switch

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

Fog "on/off" switch

Postby InoX » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Hello

Does anyone have a spare Fog light switch that i can buy before i fork out 40 quid for one? The one that's in is knackered.

cheers!
Dave.
InoX

Re: Fog "on/off" switch

Postby arranj » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:00 am

What is your current set up? You need a switch and an interior light when it is on - this is either achieved by using a plain on/off switch and some wiring that illuminates the "lambda" light in the dash (not always checked by an MOT tester though ;) ). Or by using a switch with a LED already in it, drilled into a dummy switch: https://www.deloreango.com/uk/uk-fog-li ... n-kit.html
If you just need the fog switch part of the above kit it is this link - sort of: https://www.deloreango.com/uk/manual-fa ... witch.html - although let me know that you mean the fog not the fan one.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby InoX » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:25 pm

alright mate

it's the top one i've got. the thing is wired into the lamba light. I'll have a think. I would prefer to just swap it like for like. is the new switch an updated version like the window motor switches you have or is it the brass chinsy insides one that DMCH used to sell?

cheers!
Dave.
InoX

Fog "on/off" switch

Postby arranj » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:30 pm

The on off switch is made in the same factory in China that the window switches and defrost switches are made - exactly the same - DMCH and DeLorean Europe. Yes - brass insides
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby InoX » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 pm

alright mate. sorry for the delay. I'll take the version that i can place inside the blank. I'm sure i have a spare blank somewhere. I'll put the order in now.

cheers
Dave.
InoX

Return to DeLorean Parts Wanted