Door mirror motor

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

Door mirror motor

Postby MML » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 am

Would anyone have a working one of these lying around? I don't need the whole mirror, just the tilting mechanism. I opened one up to see if it could do with a rebuild, but I seem to have broken part of the casing in the process. As a result it won't stay sealed.

DSC_0423.JPG
DSC_0423.JPG (5.51 MiB) Viewed 5531 times

DSC_0424.JPG
DSC_0424.JPG (5.77 MiB) Viewed 5531 times
- Martin - VIN 5436 -
MML

VIN #: 5436

Re: Door mirror motor

Postby Spudmurphy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:25 pm

FWIW I posted a big write up on Mirror repair on DMC Talk - it won't help you much with this problem though :-(

The thread includes pictures of the motor and the following text ... ...

The motor can be removed, by unscrewing the 3 phillips screws. Interesting enough there are 5 plastic fixing lugs. the D only uses 3 of them. The motor has the following numbers stamped on it 102060 in one place, and 102063-2 in another location of the motor. I wonder if this is a generic motor used in other applications?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15782-...-pictures)
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Postby MML » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Cheers Spud, I just had a look through it there, cracking writeup!
Yeah, I was wondering myself if it was a crossover part from something else, but I've had sod all luck...
- Martin - VIN 5436 -
MML

VIN #: 5436

Postby Spudmurphy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Cheers Martin.

At the time of writing that , I found no information on the interweb about rebuilding a door mirror.

I noticed the removable "panel" in the plastic housing - the young lad in Bristol, by the name of Miles was visiting my gaff, and identified the star lug washer _ I'd never really come across them before! That was the "trigger" for me to come up with my countermeasure.

So I thought hell, what have I got to lose and got stuck in - It was very refreshing knowing that I saved a fortune repairing it and I do try to do most of the work on the Delorean myself to keep costs down.

Another thing was when my car was exported to Dubai as one of the batch of 50 that went to the Middle East, it was sprayed red and a lot of the textured black panels were sprayed black at some stage - including the mirrors.

I used an old tin (rattle can) of gasket remover that took the paint off without damaging the grain on the plastic so it was a "Win-Win" situation.

I hope you manage to find a generic motor?
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Return to DeLorean Parts Wanted