Complete Lock set Wanted

Post your DeLorean Parts wanted here

Complete Lock set Wanted

Postby Phil349 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

My house was broken into last night and the keys for the Delorean stolen, they havent taken anything else except the car keys but thankfully the car is still here as it was locked in the garage. I think they were specifically looking for car keys. I need to change the locks on it quick now! Does anybody have a pair of door locks and keys, and an ignition switch and key they could sell?
I could go through the insurance but im hoping I can do it myself quicker and without the excess, etc!

Thanks,
Phil
Phil349

VIN #: 1128

Re: Complete Lock set Wanted

Postby Admin-bloke » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Don't quote me on this but I think they are similar to Austin Montego.........

Getting at them to change them is another matter !!!!!!!!
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby DeLorean Cars » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Door locks, not a problem £29 delivered - polished stainless bezel rather than black, it's up to you if you want to swap the surround from your original locks. Also included is a new barrel for the cubby hole. Ignition barrel is a different matter, but you're not replacing because it's broken. I have one that'll fit but it's not 100% identical.

Take a set of door locks, and then have the ignition barrel re-keyed to the new keys.

If you want to immobilise the car for the time being, just remove the RPM relay.
DeLorean Cars

VIN #: 4772, 3352

Postby bozzzydmc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Im sorry to see your post Phil :(

Where abouts are you, maybe someone can give you a hand changing these out if you need some help?

Regards

Mike

Phil349 wrote:My house was broken into last night and the keys for the Delorean stolen, they havent taken anything else except the car keys but thankfully the car is still here as it was locked in the garage. I think they were specifically looking for car keys. I need to change the locks on it quick now! Does anybody have a pair of door locks and keys, and an ignition switch and key they could sell?
I could go through the insurance but im hoping I can do it myself quicker and without the excess, etc!

Thanks,
Phil
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby arranj » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 pm

I assume you can't get hold of a full set "off the shelf" that all use the same key then?

Is it a simple enough job for a locksmith to do then, to change an ignition barrel to match the door locks?

Also worth mentioning is that Dave Howarth has a ignition set here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=201
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Return to DeLorean Parts Wanted