Hire request for North Shropshire

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Hire request for North Shropshire

Postby john.blessington » Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 am

Hi all
I was wondering if someone may be able to help us out

My 16 year old needs to 'arrive' at his school prom which is being held at the Hill Valley Hotel Whitchurch on 27th May and definitely not in his dad's baby Volvo estate. Any time between 6.30 and 7.30 - job done. We live near Shawbury but we could arrange to meet up anywhere (so long as it's out of sight of the hotel entrance!). Obviously we'd be very happy to pay someone for their trouble.

He's quite a retro kid, so a DeLorean is that perfect mix of the classic, the cool (so necessary for the modern teenager - in my day we thought klackers, or a slinky or having a '20er' in marbles or conkers was cool, but doesn't quite cut it any more), the film star and the supercar. He's clear that a DeLorean is THE car to own, but clearly not just yet and presumably he'll need to spend a few years hopefully building up a few years No Claims Bonus first!
Very, very happy to have a chat if anyone might be able to help.
He does feel a bit of responsibility to do something, as much to his shock he was voted Head Boy this last year (Thomas Adams School, Wem), which as someone who has battled hard with speech dyspraxia (and has to give speeches!) was doing the unthinkable, and he would also just love to end on a bit of a surprise too, in a car where John DeLorean tried to do the unthinkable and succeeded for a while anyway . He has absolutely no interest in arriving in the traditional stretch limo (he'd rather arrive on his push bike or a Segway!), so fingers crossed.

Anyway he'd love to hear from any of you who might be able to help out or maybe suggest someone who could.

Thanks for reading this and kind regards.

John Blessington - dad

Tel. 01939 251119
john.blessington

Re: Hire request for North Shropshire

Postby delorean12uk » Wed May 18, 2016 7:54 am

Hi John, Did you know Shropshire is the largest land locked county in England???? Interesting fact ah???
With regards to your request, we do have a major event going on from the 26th to 29th May celebrating 35 years of the Delorean, and I would imagine the majority of cars are already booked out. Your post will be left up and hopefully an owner might be able assist with your request, but just to warn you of the circumstances around this time. all the best, Jason
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby arranj » Wed May 18, 2016 11:14 am

Yes, there will be 18 cars driving past you on the M6 on Wednesday, then back again on Monday - but you never know who might come out of the woodwork for enough cash ;)
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby john.blessington » Thu May 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks Guys
Some other fascinating facts being Bridgnorth's castle keep leans 3 times more than that tower in Pisa and Shawbury where I live has England's record lowest ever temperature of -26.1C (I have more!!!)
And yes seems the timing is rubbish! It's rubbish anyway as this prom is half way through his GCSE's, rather than more traditionally (for obvious reasons) at the end.
Hope I get more luck than you think!
One day he'll have his own!
Cheers
John
john.blessington

Postby delorean12uk » Fri May 20, 2016 8:13 am

john.blessington wrote:One day he'll have his own!

you'll regret that statement, we all have!!!! :lol:
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests