Original Wooler- Hodec black interior manual RHD €40k

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

Re: Original Wooler- Hodec black interior manual RHD €40k

Postby arranj » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 pm

I can well believe it Malc. There were - what? - 25 - test LHD cars before they got that "right" (if that's even the right word!). I certainly wouldn't want the first prototype RHD car that's for sure!
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby mnickels » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Where have I seen that statement before...
Previous restoration progress on http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=1069

Ireland Rep
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
mnickels

VIN #: 2456
Spaxed

Postby bandit » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:38 am

DMCDELLBOY wrote:any of you guys tested a drive in right hand jobby;i have been told leffty is better

bozzzydmc wrote:Well not me Malc.. but ive heard that before... not sure why is should be thou ?

I remember having this conversation with Dave H, who as we know owns both. He reckoned because of the thickness of the door pillars, on a RHD you get a bad blind spot just where you don't want it, i.e you tend to be looking to your right most of the time for oncoming traffic & particularly when turning right at junctions.
You obviously don't get the same effect with LHD because of the angle you are sat at, in relation to the screen & pillar.
I can see where Dave's coming from on this, although everyone in countries which drive on the right must suffer the same issue.
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Previous

Return to DeLorean Cars For Sale / Wanted