VIN 3582 - Any information?

DeLorean Cars For Sale or DeLorean Cars Wanted

VIN 3582 - Any information?

Postby joshcuk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:24 pm

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C989676

Does anyone know about this seller / the car? The VIN is 3582. I believe the seller previously sold another project DeLorean and has been trying to sell this car for a long time.

I believe the car spent its original life in Virginia, it is now in Galway, Ireland.

I am in touch with the seller and he's sent some high res photos/videos of the car (albeit no chassis photos yet).

It is missing seats, a lot of interior parts by the looks of it, and the interior parts which are there need replacement (carpet, leather coverings, etc). Also looks like the wiring is in poor condition and need of completely redoing potentially.

The car is for sale for £21,000 - the seller says its running (and has sent me a video of it running), what do guys here think of this valuation ?

Any help appreciated!

Mods: please move this thread if I've put it in the wrong forum!

Thanks
joshcuk

Re: VIN 3582 - Any information?

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi josh,
I know this car was for sale in June 15 for £22.5k along with another cheaper car. I don't know anyone over here who has seen it.
If the interior is a mess/ missing parts it can get very expensive to retrim/ find replacement parts. When you say the wiring is in poor condition has it been butchered?
In my opinion for 21k the frame would need to be perfect/excellent to counter the above issues.
Kenny

VIN #: 1569

Postby joshcuk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Thanks. Yeah I noticed some old listings for the same car, 2015 seems to be the oldest. It is strange that the same seller has been trying to offload it for 3 years now? I have asked the seller for chassis photos.

I'm not sure about the wiring, I'm just going off some interior photos that show some wires -- so it might not be anywhere near as bad as I think.

I've found salvaged seats on sale on eBay US but they will be costly to ship to the UK.
joshcuk

Postby joshcuk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm

The seller says there is some rewiring required.

Waiting for chassis photos.
joshcuk

Postby A Van » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Get some pics let’s have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper