Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: People are weird/fascinating...

Postby priesh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Admit it you love it
priesh

VIN #: 1373

Postby DMC1983 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Yes and no. Its when people act like fangirls at a beatles concert i dont like. I think its weird that some seem to literally cum in their pants at the sight of it. Have some decorum, youre a grown man :lol: guess its something i have to get used too. I do wish people wouldnt molest and fondle the car though. I dont think ill bother to ever wash the car and now ive said this, i bet youre all gonna touch my car at eurotech now :lol:
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
Reg:  FNP 478W (Finding Numerous Problems)
Travelling And Recreation Developed In Style
Member of the Beverley Hills Car Club Club
DMC1983

VIN #: 5219
Spaxed

Postby priesh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Maybe you just look too inviting - people don't come and touch my car randomly - maybe I give off a vibe lol
priesh

VIN #: 1373

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Whilst I agree most DeLorean people are odd, as proven by the members on here, I don't mind the attention the car gets, granted there's the odd idiot, but on the whole I think it's great and people are just excited to see one on the road.

I don't agree with those who feel some sort of right to 'save' a car from it's owner, and whilst it is frustrating to any car enthusiast to see something go to waste, it is someones property and up to them to do as they please with it.

I had an old friend and his father had a habit of buying nice cars taking a few bits off then abandoning them in the garden to be reclaimed by nature, I remember a DB3 with a bush growing through it next to a Lotus Elan and an old Alvis, quite some site, but that's his choice.

When I went to the NEC in 1997 and Chris Parnham took me for a spin round the car park in his DeLorean, that gave me the final nudge and set me firmly on the path to ownership, I like to offer the same opportunty to other enthusiasts where I can.

I have my car out and about a fair bit, I was at Sainsbury's the other day and a chap and his girlfriend asked is they could get a picture with the car, I said of course and said don't just stand in front of it and I popped open he door and told him to get behind the wheel. A few photos later they left beaming from ear to ear and I was happy another person had got the buzz that I got when I 1st sat in Chris's DeLorean all those years ago.

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby DMC1983 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:20 pm

Ive let a couple of people sit behind the wheel and taken photos for them. Its a nice thing to do. Ive had a few people come up to me whilst at petrol station and ask for pictures to which ive said is fine.

But i have come across one or two creepy people though. Theyre the ones that give me the willys :snooty:
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

Spaxed

Postby CFI » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:51 pm

jamesrguk wrote:
I have my car out and about a fair bit, I was at Sainsbury's the other day and a chap and his girlfriend asked is they could get a picture with the car, I said of course and said don't just stand in front of it and I popped open the door and told him to get behind the wheel. A few photos later they left beaming from ear to ear and I was happy another person had got the buzz that I got when I 1st sat in Chris's DeLorean all those years ago.

J

I always invite people to sit in my car. It’s one thing to see a DeLorean, but another to feel and smell it. The reactions are priceless. I have them give me their phone so I can get pictures of them sitting in it. It’s an experience they’ll never forget and I’m glad to be part of it.
CFI

Postby DMC1983 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:00 pm

This one is a actually annoying. Im seeing a few cars going up for sale that have had lots of work done and yet the fuel lines are still original (well they look to be). Why do all that work, frame off etc and not even touch the lines?

Im also still seeing many cars still running original fuel lines. So is this a case of if its not broke dont fix it mentality?

Is anyone here still on original lines and if so, why? Is it a time or money thing, on the to do list or just waiting till they start leaking?
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

Spaxed

Postby andyd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:00 pm

I took ages to do mine. Like.... 6 years!?

Loads of other problems, car wasn't running, hadn't needed to go into the fuel distributor/ valley, its a bit of a pain in the ass to do some of them so waited till I was changing fuel filter etc etc.

And when it was running, there were loads of other things to chase down. Just a case of priorities I guess...
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby DMC1983 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Ill admit, 2 of the 3 injectors on the drivers side were tricky to do with the intake still in place.

My car wasnt running when i bought it so i took the time to change near enough everything. The tanks innards are all new except the baffle (fuel pickup has the spring in it too) and the tank had to be cleaned considering the state of the pump boot. I had no choice but to change the lines at the accumulator and decided to change the accumulator too while i was at it. Fuel filter is new also.

Im just interested as to why people have been putting it off what with the videos/pictures of deloreans on fire in the recent past.
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

Spaxed

Postby andyd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Same as the lower control arms, trailing arm bolts and fuse box I guess. So many known faults with these shitters- Take your pick what to put yohr time money and effort into!
andyd

VIN #: 814

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat