Can I borrow BTTF stuff for Charity Gig

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Can I borrow BTTF stuff for Charity Gig

Postby jamesrguk » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi All,

I'm in the process of temporarily BTTF'ing my car for an event which is fundraising for our local school (It is a static display as part of a big event).

I wondered if any fine folk on here had any BTTF props/costumes which they may be willing to lend me.

I'm mainly looking for:
_any character costumes, wigs etc...
_a Hoverboard
_a Flux capacitor to sit in my car
_anything you think might look good, it will be out of reach of anyone and safely stored.

Hopefully most know that I'm an honest, long standing pillar of the DeLorean community, but if anyone is happy to lend me some display items that would be great.

Anything that people could bring to the meet up next week would be ideal as the event is a couple of weeks after that.

Let me know on here or via PM if you can help.

Thanks in advance

James
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Re: Can I borrow BTTF stuff for Charity Gig

Postby A Van » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:37 pm

I have my blow up jacket and should be able to get an hoverboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:10 am

Thanks Al,

J

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Postby carl hammond » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:20 am

Hi James,

You're welcome to borrow my Flux Capacitor if you like. It does nothing other than sit in my car and serve as something I point at when people ask me the inevitable DeLorean bingo question!

It's one of the original diamond select toys replica's too, so is to scale - you could even try having a go at 3D printing one if you like! :)

I'll be there Saturday so will bring it with me then - even if the car itself doesn't make it - it will though, I have faith! ;)
Carlos
#VIN11777 - Middle East. ;)

Dubai Rep
DeLorean Club

DeLorean Club - "Friends with benefits"
carl hammond

VIN #: 11777
Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm

carl hammond wrote:Hi James,

You're welcome to borrow my Flux Capacitor if you like. It does nothing other than sit in my car and serve as something I point at when people ask me the inevitable DeLorean bingo question!

It's one of the original diamond select toys replica's too, so is to scale - you could even try having a go at 3D printing one if you like! :)

I'll be there Saturday so will bring it with me then - even if the car itself doesn't make it - it will though, I have faith! ;)

Carl,

That would be fantastic!

It will not be touched by anyone as the car is fenced off, I've made (or making) a full clip-on, clip-off bttf rear deck and flux bands, what started as a bit of fun has turned into quite a project.

I was going to 3D print a flux capacitor style box and then mount a tablet it with a flux capacitor screen saver but I am printing so much BTTF tatt to stick on my car I am going to run out of time.

As you can see from this teaser shot of the rear qtr window components, screen accuracy has rather been left at the kerbside :lol:

side rods.png
side rods.png (279.22 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Postby carl hammond » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Those suckers look a little nuclear! :lol:

No problem at all, especially when it's for 'charidy mate'. Sounds like a fun it not challenging project! Is there anything that you can't 3D print?!

I meant if you wanted to use the flux as a template for a print you are more than welcome to. I trust you and know you would look after it. :thumbsup:

Are you and Jane coming in June? If so, happy for you to hold onto it until then. :)
Carlos
#VIN11777 - Middle East. ;)

Dubai Rep
DeLorean Club

DeLorean Club - "Friends with benefits"
carl hammond

VIN #: 11777
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:45 pm

You'll be 3d printing bumpers and dashboards next James :thumbsup:
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:51 pm

carl hammond wrote:Those suckers look a little nuclear! :lol:

No problem at all, especially when it's for 'charidy mate'. Sounds like a fun it not challenging project! Is there anything that you can't 3D print?!

I meant if you wanted to use the flux as a template for a print you are more than welcome to. I trust you and know you would look after it. :thumbsup:

Are you and Jane coming in June? If so, happy for you to hold onto it until then. :)

Yeah I've been telling Jane it's a lot of hassle but really I'm loving it in the garage, and because she has asked me to do it I don't get frowned at if I disappear into the garage every evening :dance:

I've 3D printed quite a lot of parts, many are available to download from various online sites, but having said that most I have re-designed or started again from scratch as I want to be able to clip them onto the car. I'll bore you with all the details at the weekend.

It's just a bit of fun which I can pop on the car for the occasional show, I have no real intention of driving any distance with it stuck on the car, well perhaps to the local shop with my son :-)

Sadly we're not coming in June as we are overseas on a family holiday, subject to the world not being on full lock down by then!

See you Friday

Thanks again for the Flux Capacitor

J
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Admin-bloke wrote:You'll be 3d printing bumpers and dashboards next James

Yeah I've printed some big bits lately just to prove they can be done, all good fun.

J
jamesrguk

Spaxed

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat